Home owners are often unclear how to work with a decorator or interior designer. This Fee Schedule should answer your questions:
After we have completed our initial meeting and we have decided to work together we will discuss the budget. Based on your project’s budget, we secure a retainer. The retainer is a show of good faith and covers the planning, drawings and selections for your project. The retainer will be applied to the final payment on completion of your project. The retainer is non-refundable if we do not continue with the purchasing part of the project; however, it covers the design time that’s been invested in your project up to that point in time.
Each decorating project we undertake, whether a single room or the whole home, is based on a budget that is agreed on before the design process starts. This way you always know how much you are spending. You may want to start with updating your home with wallpaper and some new pillows and art. Or you may want to redecorate a complete room.
There are several ways you can work with us:
Hourly Consultation | $150.00
Includes, in-home color consults, re-design with existing furniture, on-site advice and styling, specific design assistance.
This is an end-to-end Design Service. The price range / investment is incorporating the design and everything included in the design. We can certainly work within your budget and incorporate as much as possible from your wish list, and if need be, do the remaining in the future. For this service everything is included in the project cost. All inclusive, no extra cost except if requested by client.
The Process for Flat Fee:
- Initial consultation is complimentary, meet and get to know each other. Review the space and discuss details.
- To move forward with the design development and after given a budget from the client, we request a small design fee. When received, we schedule the Design meeting at the clients home, to review the design.
- When the design is approved by the client, we sign the contract with a 75% down payment. The remaining balance is due on the day of installation.
- After the contract is signed, our company begins the procurement & purchasing of everything included in the design. We schedule an on-site visit for measuring; we work directly with all the suppliers and workrooms; we track the orders; work with our receivers and inspect all items; we schedule the delivery and installation; and we keep the clients informed during the entire process.
- The final step is to install, style and give you a Grand Reveal.
Building a New Home
If you are considering building a new home, we can work with you to help you make the myriad choices that are involved with a new build. You are normally given one day to view your options, then one day to make final choices for your new home. This can be quite daunting, so before they are locked in by your builder let us be there at your side as a sounding board and to help you with your choices.
At an hourly rate of $150.00 we will guide you with:
- choosing cabinetry for kitchen and bathrooms
- discussing the benefits of quartz or granite countertops
- helping with choices for tile, faucets and lighting
- assist with flooring choices
- help with paint choices
House painters seldom want the responsibility of choosing paint colors with you. If you need help choosing color, we will come to your home with paint kits. We will discuss what you are trying to achieve and help you achieve a coordinated color palette for interior or exterior paint. This project will be charged at an hourly rate with a minimum of one hour. A travel allowance may be charged for longer distances and will be discussed at the time.
As an interior design firm, we have always offered virtual design consultations because many of our clients have second homes or businesses in other parts of the country. We want you to know we are using this same approach to support our clients during this Coronavirus timeframe so we do not delay your interior design project. Click here for more detail.